Monday, September 8, 2008

We got a date for surgery!

So, I initially thought it would take a few months before this whole process would start but in actually, I only have a few weeks. A couple of weeks ago I had seen a bariatric doctor. He said that once it was authorized by insurance, we could set a date for surgery for anytime. I just got the authorization from insurance today and we have a surgery date for September 26th! Yes, it's our 8 year wedding anniversary and I didn't want to do it than so I could be coherent for our anniversary but Evan looked at me and said, "DO IT, the sooner the quicker we can start on to you being healthier Leah" So, I scheduled the surgery for that date. September 26th. I am so of nervous right now. I'm nervous, scared, wondering if I'm strong enough to do something this drastic, and have the willpower to do it. I'm scared of the "what if's" and the "what could happen" but I look back and I've seen many people have the surgery and be sucessful, like my mother in law. She had no complications, she looks great. So, here it goes, we are supposed to be at the doctors office at 8:30 a.m. on the 25th for pre-op stuff, than onto the hospital where he performs the procedure and we have to do all the admin stuff. I have to stay overnight in a hotel that night, be at the hospital on the 26th at 5 a.m. Hopefully they are able to do this as soon as possible because there are a lot of grumpies in our family that do not do mornings well. After surgery, I have to stay overnight in the actual hospital and than the following day be moved into a 'rehab' type center for one more night. Hopefully, letting me get home by Sunday. The surgery is supposed to take approximately 45 minutes. Keep me in your thoughts and hope that I am strong enough to do what I need to do before surgery.

No comments: